BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
Vision of Computer Science
Our vision is to be a leader in providing effective technology and quality services that are integrated into the daily activities of the school, advance teaching and learning and flexible o an ever changing society.
Mission of Computer Science
Philippine advent College School of computer studies provides professional education in the computing disciplines. We prepare students for productive careers in industry, academia and government by providing an outstanding environment for teaching, learning and research in theory and applications of Information Technology.
The curriculm for Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (BSCS) is based on the CMO No. 53 series of 2006 “Policies and Standards for Information Technology Education (ITE) Program and CMO No. 24 series of 2015 “Revised Policies, Standards and Guidelines for BSCS, BSIS and BSIT Programs”. It covers variety of knowledge areas, including computing fundamentals & concepts; integrated application software; data structure and algorithm; object – oriented programming; web development, information management and database systems; software engeering; data communication & networking; operating system; computer graphics and simulation; language theory and artificial intelligence.
The curriculum is designed to provide industry training wherein students can enhance their knowledge and skills in software development and prepares the students for employment in computer software related areas such as computer software design and development and computer software applications.
After graduation, the students are expected to:
1. Be fully equipped with knowledge and skills in computer science.
2. Practice in computing-related profession and/or pursue advance studies in computing oriented events and organization.
3. Pursue professional development in computing and participate any computing oriented events and organization.
4. Attain an ability to use current techniques, skills and tools necessary for computing practice.
5. Demonstrate an understanding of the context and broader impact of technology in their organization by identifying ethical, economic, cultural, legal or environment issues related to work.
1. Apply knowledge of computing fundamentals. An ability to analyze problems and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
2. Identity, analyzes, formulate and solve complex computing problems and requirements using fundamental principles of mathematics, computing science and relevant disciplines.
3. An ability to apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems.
4. Conduct research for system development
5. Design, implement and evaluate a computer-based system, process component or program to meet the desired needs.
6. Effectively use current technique, skills and tools necessary for computing practice.
7. Ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish common goal. Apply collaborative skills in IT project teams by engaging in the process of modeling, designing, implementing, testing and deploying computer-based systems.
8. Communicate effectively in written and oral language particularly in the field of computing.
9. Recognize the social, professional, cultural and ethical issues involved in the use of computer technology and give them due consideration in decision making.
10. Consistent application of knowledge, skills and attitudes. Engage in life-long learning by being proactive in decision making, responsive and flexible to the ever changing society.
11. In-depth service to the community without forgetting God the true source of knowledge