BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Vision of Information Technology
Our vision is to be a leader in providing effective technology and quality services that are integrated into the daily activities of the school, advance teaching and learning and flexible o an ever changing society.
Mission of Information Technology
Philippine advent College School of computer studies provides professional education in the computing disciplines. We prepare students for productive careers in industry, academia and government by providing an outstanding environment for teaching, learning and research in theory and applications of Information Technology.
The curriculum for Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT) is based on the CMO No. 53 series of 2006 “Policies and Standards for Information Technology Education (ITE) Program and CMO No. 24 series of 2015 “Revised Policies, Standards and Guidelines for BSCS, BSIS and BSIT Programs”. It covers variety of knowledge areas, including computing fundamentals & concepts; programing; integrated application software; data structure and algorithm; information management; application development & emerging technologies; computer organization & architecture; network technologies; database systems; operating system; object-oriented programming; web development; system analysis & design; information assurance & security; mobile application development; management information system ; database management system; software engineering and IT electives.
The curriculum is designed to provide students with both the theoretical knowledge and technical skills required by today’s information technology professionals.
After graduation, the students are expected to:
1. Work in an IT organization or department and contribute to the achievement of the business goals and objectives through the implementation and use of Information Technology.
2. Understand, recommend and apply information technology methods and practice in the corporate IT environment.
3. Establish professional relationships with users and managers within the organization in order to understand and address the information technology needs of the business.
5. Assume leadership roles in which to apply information technology knowledge and skills.
6. Demonstrate an understanding of the context and broader impact of information technology in their organization by identifying ethical, economic, cultural, legal or environmental issues related to projects.
1. Apply knowledge & skills on application installation, operation, development and maintenance.
2. Demonstrate independent, critical thinking and problem solving competencies to address problems faced by organizations.
3. Design and develop computer programs, databases and websites using professional principles and standards.
4. Explain and develop an effective project plan.
5. Apply professional ethics and values in IT solutions.
6. Use current technique, skills and tools necessary for computing practice.
7. An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish common goal. Apply collaborative skills in IT projects teams by engaging in the process of modeling, designing, implementing, testing and deploying computer-based systems.
8. Communicate effectively in written, oral and graphical communications particularly in the field of information technology.
9. An understanding of professional, ethical, security, social and environmental issues and responsibilities and continuing professional development.
10. Consistent application of knowledge, skills and attitudes. Engage in life-long learning by being proactive in decision making, responsive and flexible to the ever changing society.
11. In-depth service to the community without forgetting God the true source of knowledge